San Antonio Divorce & Family Law Attorneys Focusing Primarily on Family Law
At Jamie Graham & Associates, PLLC in San Antonio, our attorneys focus our practice primarily on family law and divorce, including child custody. We understand that family concerns are pivotal in people’s lives, determining their lifestyles and the dynamics of relationships with loved ones. Family matters are often sensitive issues. Our family law and divorce attorney, Jamie Graham works closely with clients to understand their objectives, explain their legal options and help them address their concerns in a way that achieves the most favorable outcome.
A skilled San Antonio family lawyer working in a wide range of family law matters
Through our selective focus, we have acquired broad experience handling the family issues that matter to people most. We offer legal advice, service and representation in the following legal areas:
- Divorce: The most pressing family issue people deal with today is divorce. Most divorces settle outside of court through negotiation or some sort of alternative dispute resolution. However, when cases require litigation, Jamie Graham is equally adept at advocating and protecting your rights through trial.
- Child Custody and Visitation: Children often have difficulty handling the change involved with divorce. Reaching child custody and visitation agreements that help create a stable environment for your child is vitally important. Relying on an experienced lawyer can help you make the right decisions.
- Child Support and Enforcement: Texas child support is based on gross income and the number of children being supported. Texas Child Support Guidelines cap support payments at a certain maximum amount per month. A San Antonio divorce lawyer can help you calculate support payments and deal with issues concerning child support, including enforcement.
- Division of Marital property: Texas is a community property state, which means that marital property owned by both spouses is subject to division during divorce. Your divorce lawyer can help you characterize property as community or separate property. Separate property is property that spouses acquire prior to marriage, through gifts or inheritance and is not subject to division based on separation or divorce. When determining property division, the court considers a number of factors, such as the duration of the marriage, earning capacity, spouses’ ages and health, to name a few.
- Father’s Rights: Under Texas law, fathers and mothers have equal rights to custody of their child regardless of sex or marital status. The court must determine custody based on the best interests of the child. Whether by establishing paternity or advocating your rights in a custody dispute, an experienced divorce lawyer can provide valuable legal help.
- Post-divorce Modifications: Situations change. Sometimes parents must relocate to obtain a better paying position. Health issues can become a problem or companies downsize and spouses lose their jobs. Changing circumstances typically require modifications in court orders related to custody, visitation, child support or spousal support.
- Paternity: Establishing paternity is frequently crucial for obtaining child support or advocating a father’s rights. Our firm works with clients to resolve paternity issues.
Based in San Antonio, Texas, divorce and family law attorney Jamie Graham, founder of Jamie Graham & Associates, PLLC, represents clients throughout the San Antonio area in family law and divorce matters, including clients throughout the communities in and around San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Medina, Austin, Jourdanton, Kerrville and Boerne, and individuals stationed at San Antonio military bases, including Fort Sam Houston, Lackland Air Force Base, Randolph Air Force Base and USO San Antonio.